Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 206.

Whew!  15 miles done, and man, it was not easy!  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Pilates, then geared up and headed out at around 6:30am.  My husband was not working this morning, so I had made all the kids lunches last night and got all their stuff ready, and he just had to get them up, dressed and off to school.  Anyway, it was cloudy when I started out on my run, but before long it started to rain.  At first it was just a soft drizzle, and it actually felt kind of refreshing.  The colors are starting to change on the mountain side and it felt nice and fall-like, and I was really enjoying my run.  Then  the clouds settled in, and it started to pour.  I was rained on for almost the entire 15 miles.  By the time I got home, my clothes and shoes were soaked through.  Around mile 6.5, I slowed to a walk because I needed to wipe my nose really bad.  I keep a few tissues in my water carrier just for that reason.  I decided to go ahead and fuel at that point as well, so I took a GU and drank some water.  Then I picked up the pace again and continued my run.  I felt okay until about mile 12, when my legs started to get really tired.  In my mind I was telling myself over and over, "This is where your gains are made!"  At some point around mile 13 there was a huge hill.  I was determined to get up that hill and finish the run strong, but my legs felt like wet noodles.  I made it about 2/3 of the way up the hill before my body ignored my mind and I suddenly found myself walking.  I checked my watch and timed myself, I walked for about 2 minutes, then forced myself to start running again.  Then I was able to run the rest of the way home.  I did about 15 minutes of Yoga to cool down and stretch.  Now I am drying out my shoes with a heater.  My sweet husband drove to check on me while I was out on my run, when he noticed it was raining so hard.  I told him I was fine and would just push through it.  He gave me a thumbs up, then drove away.  When I got home, there was a huge Diet Coke fountain drink waiting for me in the fridge with a note that said: "15 mi.!!!  Good Job!"  Thanks, honey!

2 comments:

  1. Super sweet! I love that he bought you something. How are you feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! I'm feeling pretty good this afternoon, thanks for asking. I had a "loaded" smoothie after my run (milk, banana, carrots, Instant Breakfast, peanut butter), took a shower and have been wearing my CEP compression socks all day. I feel better now than I did last week after the half. I think the mental and emotional exertion takes just as much, if not more out of you than just the physical stress. My legs are feeling a little sore. I'll let you know how things are going tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!