Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 218.

8 mile run this morning.  I started out with 15 minutes of Pilates, then made sure the kids were ready for school, lunches and backpacks packed, so my husband could take them when it was time.  Then I headed out for my run.  I walked for a few minutes to warm up a little more.  Today was one of those mornings when I was having a hard time getting moving.  I woke up with a pounding headache, which I attribute to a poor night's sleep.  As I was doing my Pilates warm up, I was thinking "Gosh, this sucks.  I feel like crap.  I don't feel like running."  The frustrating thing is when mentally I still feel the motivation to get my run done, one day closer to the marathon and all that, but my body is fighting me every step of the way.  It's seriously amazing, though, how I always feel better after a run.  I don't know if it's the endorphins, or just getting out in the fresh air, but within the first mile I could feel myself start to relax and I forgot about how yucky I'd been feeling when I got out of bed.  By the time I finished the 8 miles, I felt tired, but better, and so glad I did my run.  I also did level 1 of Yoga Meltdown after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!