Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 219.

Today's run was a 5 miler.  I did my usual warm up, then started out on my run just as the sun was coming up over the mountains.  I felt pretty good in most respects.  I didn't feel too tired this morning, and no headache, which is of course a huge plus.  My only issue was that my legs felt very heavy.  I hate those runs when it feels twice as hard as usual to lift each leg, over and over and over... So, I tried to focus on my surroundings, looking at the scenery, watching for wildlife, waving at my friends and neighbors as they drove by me.  It seemed a good enough distraction, and I was able to complete the 5 miles no problem, and I even started to feel a little "lighter" on my feet for the last mile or so.  See, this is such a mental challenge.  Gaining control over my thoughts means gaining control over my body - at least to some extent!  When I got home I also did workout 1 of the 30 Day Shred DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!