Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 247.

This morning I had a 10 mile run, which I did at the park, with the jogger.  Again, I took some fuel with me, which I didn't end up using.  I felt mostly good for the whole run, but at around mile 8 the back of my right thigh started to cramp really bad.  I considered, for a moment, stopping to stretch it out, but I was afraid if I stopped at that point, I would just want to walk the last couple of miles.  So I pushed through, and the cramp came and went.  When I hit miles 9.7, I had reached the park entrance, and normally I would have just kept running towards home, until hitting the 10 mile mark, then walked the rest of the way as a cool down.  But at that point, I really felt the need to stretch out and relax that leg muscle, so I slowed to a walk and stretched it out.  By the time I got back home, I felt better, the cramp had subsided.  I did 25 minutes of Pilates to stretch and cool down some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!