Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, December 31, 2010

11 mile treadmill run ~ Eeeks!

Okay, so I am a total wuss.  There was no way I was going to go on a long run this morning when the temperature is hovering around 7 degrees...and the wind is blowing...and there's a layer of ice and snow on the roads...

So, instead I hit the treadmill - hard.  It took 3 episodes of Lost, but I did a little over 11 miles.  It actually went by surprisingly fast, for over 2 hours on the treadmill, that is.  My hamstrings have been really, really sore and tight for the past couple of weeks.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?  I have been doing a lot of Yoga, stretching, ice, moist heat...nothing seems to relieve the tension along the backs of my thighs.  I feel like I could run so much more if I could do away with it.  For now, I'm going to continue my love affair with the treadmill, since I might have to do another run on it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I bought long compression socks- I'm talkin' total geriatric, but I wear them after runs and it helps a lot. 11 miles ... I'd ice bath --I know, I'm a wimp-- but last time I did it I didn't have any soreness after a long run. Maybe you should just bury you legs in snow? ;)
    You're my new hero. So Lost is that good, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!