Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's a new day...

But, the weather is the same: cold, wet, icy, windy...did I mention windy?  Oh, well.  This is life here in southeastern Idaho.  I braved the opposition and headed out this morning for a long run of 12 miles.  It was a tough run, but I made it through.  Just like last week, the first half went well, I was able to run the whole time and felt pretty strong.  After I made the turn into the "wind tunnel" again, I had to walk on and off for about a  mile until I finally reached a point when the wind let up a little.  I did have fun, even though it was hard.  It is very difficult and tiring on the leg muscles to run in the snow/ice/slush, I have decided.  I hope my diligence in running through it all will help me be a stronger runner in the end, because it's certainly not making me any faster...for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!