Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow day.

This morning after I woke up I did 35 minutes of Pilates.  My plan was to then do a short speed training run on the treadmill, but there was about a foot of new snow on the ground and I decided to head outside and shovel the driveway.  I spent about an hour shoveling...wow, now that had to have burned a few calories!  When I came inside, I still wanted to do a little running, so I put on an episode of Lost, and jumped on the treadmill for a 40 minute interval run.  Now I'm good and sweaty and ready for a shower.  Then I just may head back outside to play with the kids in the snow!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun! We've had one inch all winter so far. I look forward to playing in some real snow! Have a fun snow day with your kids. What kind of interval run did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Only an inch? I would have thought more with all those storms over there in the east.
    For my interval run I used a pre-set program on the treadmill. It starts out slowly (walking pace), then gradually increases up to a jog, then alternates about three minutes at one pace, then up for another few minutes, then back down. On mine I max out at 6.0mph, which is more than plenty fast for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!