Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

4 miles.

By yesterday afternoon, a lot of the snow on the ground had melted away and the roads were looking very clear.  But....last night a big winter storm moved in and we woke up to a fresh 3 or 4 inches of snow on the ground, and still it's coming down.  On my training agenda for this morning was a 4 mile run, which I opted to do on the treadmill.  I did some walking to warm up and cool down.  The run was okay, but my hip pain is back today with a vengeance.  I'm really hoping that the reduction in mileage this week will help, because starting next week I face three tough weeks with major mileage increases.

4 comments:

  1. oh no! Is it time to try the foam roller? I hope it takes it easy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me, Rebecca! I've been meaning to get a foam roller for a long time, and I think that's a great idea. Hope I can find one in town, otherwise I might have to hit up RoadRunnerSports.com! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think it (the pain) might have anything to do with the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure. I'm leaning more towards overuse injury/pain. I'm just basing that on the fact that earlier on in my training (last year), I experienced a very similar issue, but with the other hip. I started wearing a knee brace that gave support to my IT band, and the pain eventually went away. I'm trying the same approach this time.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!