Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6 miles midweek.

As I drove the kids to school today, I was mindful of the road conditions, hoping it would be decent enough for a run.  The temperature was about 30 degrees, which feels warm considering how cold it has been, but the roads were still covered in a lot of snow, slush and ice, so I decided to do another indoor workout.  After I did 10 minutes on the elliptical to loosen up my hips and knees, I did 6 miles on the treadmill, with some walking at the beginning and end, for a total of about 75 minutes on the treadmill.  After that, I did 35 minutes of Pilates.  Tomorrow I am doing my long run for the week - 14 miles - and I will be doing it out on the road no matter what.  Wish me luck!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope the weather cooperates. Are you on an intermediate training plan now? You're such a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becca. I'm not too sure stud is the right word, especially considering how slow I am. ;) Yeah, I guess you could say the schedule I'm using is intermediate. It's a Jeff Galloway training plan called "Schedule II", and I like it so far. It has me doing three "hard" weeks at a time (running 5 days), then I get a recovery week with only 4 run days and a drop in mileage, then the increases begin again.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!