Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Long run.

And I do mean long run!  My schedule had me doing a 14 miler today, but somehow my Garmin got messed up and I didn't noticed that the GPS was turned off until I had already gone almost a mile.  Once I got it running properly, it was fine, but by then my distance and time were not accurate for what I had done.  I did an out and back run, turning around at the halfway point, but since I wasn't too sure of the distance, I just estimated and in the end of my run I had actually done just under 15 miles.  It wasn't my intention to extend my run, trust me, but I wanted to be sure to get in at least the 14 miles.  I'm actually just content that I finished the run.  My legs were hurting starting in the first couple of miles.  I was in pain the whole time and had to take frequent walking breaks.  I just tried to minimize the amount of time that I walked, but allowed myself to slow to a walk whenever I felt the need.  I surprised myself with my mental fortitude on this run, because my body definitely did NOT want to run today.  It was rebelling in every way, but I just kept talking to myself, saying any positive thing I could think of to just get me through the run.  Besides my legs aching and my hip hurting, I also have 3 toenails on my left foot that are all on the verge of falling off, and they are giving me a little grief right now.  Oh well, it is done now.  I did 10 minutes of Yoga and I can relax for the rest of the day.

In some fun and exciting news, I was contacted through this here blog by a marketing company to try out some YakTrax products, and I got them today!!  I'm so excited to give them a go on my next run (if the snow and ice are still covering the roads), and I'll be posting my review right here, so check back, friends!  :)

3 comments:

  1. LUCKY! You have my dream job! I already have YakTrax and I LOVE them. I put them on all my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and have spent a good hour reading through your first marathon journey. I am a mom of 4 as well, and am just starting to train for my first marathon. (San Diego in June!) It's great to read your experiences with training. My husband and I went to school in Rexburg, so I loved seeing some little glimpse of Idaho in your photos. :)

    Anyway, just a comment so you know that your blog is really helpful!

    ~Rachel from Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, glad to hear you like YakTrax...I'm very excited to try them. For once I'm actually hoping for more snow! :)

    Rachel, thank you so much for your comment! I love hearing from readers. I just spent some time on your blogs as well. You are so talented and have a very cute little family! I wish you the best of luck on your training and the marathon in June. It will be an awesome accomplishment, and I hope you have a chance to blog about your experience! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!