Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Recovery week.

From what I've read, it's during recovery that your body makes it's physiological gains from all the work you've put in during the harder training.   So this week I get to make gains!  I will still be running and cross-training, but just less in quantity and intensity.  This morning I did 10 minutes of Yoga before heading out for a 4 mile run.  I went to the park again because the running path is clear, and the roads are very muddy and slushy right now.  My legs felt like lead today and I really had to force myself to run the whole time; it felt like I was seriously dragging.  Sometimes it's these runs when I feel the worst physically and have the hardest time with that I feel the most proud of myself afterwards, just knowing that I did it and didn't allow myself to be weak or give up.  When I got home, I did 45 minutes of Yoga to stretch and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!