Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

16 miles.

I had to break up my long run this morning because when I took the kids to school, it was 4 degrees with a wind chill bringing the temps below zero.  I did about 10 minutes of Yoga stretches, then I got on the treadmill and did 6 miles.  By that time, the sun was out and shining brightly, so I bundled up and got on all my running gear and headed out to do 10 more miles on the road.  It was still very cold - probably in the upper single digits to low teens - but the sun felt SO good.  I got a little sunburned and windburned on my face.  I was able to run the whole time, minus a couple of very short walking breaks, like around 30 seconds or less.  My legs were feeling so tired and achy when I was done.  This really doesn't ever get any easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to brave the weather. It is so much nicer to run outside. Glad you were able to get out there. Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!