Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thank you.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, because Mother Nature has made my decision-making easy so far this week.  After more snowfall yesterday, I knew I couldn't do my run pushing the jogger, so I stayed indoors for today's workout.  Just for fun, I even sported some shorts instead of my usual running pants, you know, to feel a little "Springy".  I started out doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, then I did a 30 minute interval run on the treadmill, then back on the elliptical for another 15 minutes, and lastly 30 minutes of Pilates.  My dang hamstring/hip/IT band/sciatic nerve issue is still flared, but I've been working on doing additional stretches throughout the day to help keep it loose.  I read an article on Active.com yesterday about a great stretch for hamstrings, etc., a stretch that I actually do almost everyday before working out or running.  After reading the article I realized it might be more beneficial if I held the stretch longer and did it more often, so that's what I'll try.  I'm a little worried that I haven't been getting in the mileage, as per my training schedule, but I am also aware that the most important aspect of marathon training is the long run.  With my long run of this week scheduled for Saturday morning, when my husband will be home to watch the kids, I am determined to keep that part of my schedule as a constant.  In other words, come Hell or high water (as my mother always used to say), I will be doing a 20 miler this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!