Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

4 miles, then retreat.

This morning I woke up sore and stiff, and I have two toenails that are hurting bad since my long run a few days ago, but I was determined to get out there for my run and keep a positive attitude.  Then I looked out the window and saw this...
Okay, no problem.  I strapped on my YakTrax and hit the road.  I thought maybe it would be refreshing to run in the snow, that is until the wind started blowing and the snow that was falling turned into ice pellets pelting me in the face.  I made it four miles, then I decided to call it good and go home.  I mean, being positive is great and all, but let's face it...running in this stuff sucks.  I am so ready for warmer weather.  Ugh.  When I got home I did a 45 minute Pilates/Yoga blend DVD.  Now I'm going to go do an ice bath ~ thank you, Rebecca!  ;)


1 comment:

  1. YAY for ice baths! I LOVE them. I have no muscle soreness from yesterday at all, my knees needed some ice this morning, but after going up and down the stairs they have loosened up.

    We had the same weather yesterday. At least you went out in it! I was not in the mood, which is a little unlike me. I guess I'm just ready for some warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!