Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, April 23, 2011

14.25 mile long run.

(Apparently I've been in a picture kind of mood lately...)
Today's run was fun, though my legs are hurting, and I think I know why.  Words to the wise...new shoes + long run = using muscles in different ways = new pains and aches!  I ran in them for 3 miles earlier in the week, no problem, 5 miles, still no problem, but by mile 10 today when I even had sore muscles in my butt, I realized what was going on.  Oh, well.  Better to get it all worked out now so that I will be good to go on marathon day, which is in exactly 4 weeks!
I warmed up this morning with a few Yoga stretches, then headed out around 6:45am.  Of course it was cold, but the sun was already coming up over the mountains and I could tell it was going to be a beautiful day.
Please don't be too jealous, this is where I get to run.  ;)  As I said, up until mile 10 I felt pretty good, but then I did have to take a few walking/stretching breaks throughout the rest of the run.  In the end I did 14.25 miles in 2 hours and 45 minutes, and when I got home I did 15 minutes of Yoga.  Now I know I should go take an ice bath, but I literally cannot bring myself to do it - oh, the torture!  I know it would pay off, but I just can't...so instead, I'll stretch a little more and then go take a warm shower! Happy Easter, everyone! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!