Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

15 miles, treadmill style!

I'm pretty sure this is the longest run I've done on the treadmill, at least where I've done the entire long run on the treadmill.  I had every intention of doing my run outside when I woke up at 5:30 this morning, then I heard the wind howling, got online and looked up the weather for our area - yeah, 30-40 mph wind gusts, severe weather advisory.  I just wasn't in the mood to even try it, so I traded my long pants and jacket for shorts and a tank, and got moving.  While I ran I watched a movie on Netflix about some crazy people climbing Mt. Everest, then since I still had a lot of time to fill, I also watched 'The Spirit of the Marathon', which I've already seen a couple of times, but it's a great one to watch while running on a treadmill, training for a marathon!  You just can't NOT run while you watch that movie, at least I can't.  I have to say, this was one of my best treadmill runs.  I ran 15.3 miles in just over 3 hours (well, more like 3 and 1/4), and I was able to run at a steady, albeit moderately slow pace for almost 3 hours without stopping or walking at all.  I did have to stop at one point to get a drink refill - running indoors the sweat just drips pours off the body!

(The only accurate number here is the distance.  On my treadmill, every thing resets at "normal" maxes, like it only goes to 100 minutes, and 999 calories burned, then resets.)
Well, I've already done a bit of stretching, but I think I'll do a little more before I slip into the ice bath I have waiting for me...

2 comments:

  1. Ice baths are like chocolate for the muscles (or in your case a diet coke :) ) I LOVE watching The Spirit of the MArathon on my long runs, I feel the same way. That's why I also watch Biggest Loser, I absolutely have to run with it.
    I'm glad you had a good run. You're the best example! My next long run I plan on doing at an easy, slow pace. It's good for the body! I pour sweat indoors, too. I think of all the fat melting away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - I have a 15 mile treadmill run scheduled for Saturday. Furthest I've been before is half marathon. Think there'll be a lot of sweat!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!