Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 mile tempo run.

Today was a fun, new experience...I did my 10 mile tempo run with my husband!  This was his long run for the week and the longest he has run since he decided to train for the Pocatello Half Marathon in September.  We got an early start  so we would be back around the time the kids usually wake up for the day.  Things started out fine, although I'm still feeling some lingering soreness in my hamstrings from my runs earlier in the week.  At around mile 3, Chris said he needed to go to the bathroom, smiled at me, then took off towards the other side of the road and off into a field of sagebrush and Juniper trees.  I just kept running, wondering how on earth someone could do "that" out there in the open!  I mean, you hear stories of runners doing "that", but I've never run with anyone who has had to do "that"...I just like saying it like "that"...☺

Anyway, I slowed to a jogging pace while I waited for him to catch up to me, then we continued on with our run.  We did a hard, hilly route and I maintained my tempo pace pretty well, despite feeling that annoying legs o' lead feeling.  Chris also did very well, even pushing faster up the hills then slowing a bit to wait for me at the top.  At 8 miles we took a short walking break before finishing up the last two miles.  I tried to pick up the speed a little during the last 1/2 mile, and I could tell Chris was super tired, but he did it and it was fun to finish together, bonded by sweat, cramps, aches pains and blisters!

Now I will cool down and stretch with some Yoga, while Chris heads off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!