Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 miles of speed work.

Well, the headache I had all day yesterday was still lingering when I got out of bed early this morning, as was the rain and cool temperatures.  But, I still managed to head over to the high school track to do my workout.  Unfortunately, when I got there the gate was chained and I couldn't get in to use the track.  I guess since school's out, I might have to figure out an alternative.  In the meantime, for today's run I just came home and used the treadmill to do my 3 X 1600 repeats.  I warmed up for a few minutes with some walking, followed by a slow jog, then increased the speed and ran at a faster pace for 1 mile, then slowing to a jog for about 4 minutes, then repeat.  When I finished I had actually gone a little over 3 1/2 miles, including the recovery portions.  After my run, I did level 1 of JM's Yoga Meltdown.  My headache feels a little better now, but I am tempted to go back to bed.  I guess I'll finish my chocolate-banana-peanut butter smoothie and go take a shower instead. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the headache isn't the sign of something brewing. I hope you feel better soon! Sorry about the chained up track. That's a shame they don't let the public use it during the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!