Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I feel like I'm on vacation.

I'm really liking my method for marathon recovery this time around.  I have eased up on the pressure I usually put on myself to hurry and start running again, which usually ends up in injury or burnout.  Instead, I started with going on long walks right away (2 days post-race), and have walked for 3.5 miles or more every day this week, gradually adding in additional exercises like the elliptical and weight training.  I'm feeling pretty good and looking forward to figuring out a new training schedule at some point in the not too distant future, but for now I'm enjoying my "vacation"!

This morning I went for my walk right after dropping the kids off at school.  I went 2.6 miles then came home and did 30 minutes on the elliptical while I waited for my husband to wake up.  When he was up and ready, he wanted me to go walking with him, so we went out and did another 2.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!