Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

13.25 miles.

It's long run day for me.  No kids, no husband, just me and the road.  Aahhh.  After a 10 minute Pilates warm up, I started out on my run.  I did a 13.25 mile loop.  I actually felt very decent for the entire first half of my run.  My legs weren't too sore, I felt strong and was really enjoying myself.  The second half was slightly more difficult as my hamstrings started to tighten up and I could feel them "seize" up on me a few times, but I just pushed through and tried to focus on the cool and beautiful fall weather and the peace and quiet of the country road.  I didn't take any water with me again, which is something I really need to work on.  It's harder to do when the weather is cool because I don't think about needing it, but I know my body does.  I probably would feel much better from 7 or 8 miles plus if I was hydrating or fueling in some way.  When I got home, I made a chocolate soy protein shake and then sipped on it while walking another mile on the treadmill.  (I know, but I had a little bit of a show I had started that I wanted to finish watching and I figured I might as well keep my legs moving while doing it.)

1 comment:

  1. Crazy girl. I have to work on not drinking water. I haven't been taking water into the gym because I'll go a half mile and reach for a drink just because I can.

    What a wonderful area you have to run in. Seriously, I need to move

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!