Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

4 mile hike.


Last night I brought up the idea to my husband that we should go on a hike today, since all the kids are in school and he has the day off.  He agreed, though not as whole-heartedly as he normally would.  He is doing a half-marathon on Saturday and he was worried about getting worn out or sore.  I assured him we wouldn't go too far and he seemed fine with that.


So, I started out my morning by doing 20 minutes of Pilates, followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical.  Then I packed a bag with a couple of PB&J's and some water and we headed out for our hike.  Today's trail destination was called Porcelain Pot Trail...I'm not sure why.  It was beautiful, of course, but very windy and cold (around 34 degrees).  There were lots of hills, which I like.  Hills are natures best CV workout, for sure.  In the end we went almost 4 miles in about an hour and 45 minutes.  It was fun to just be out there enjoying the cool, fresh air and fall scenery.  I know it's not going to last much longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!