Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Return to the norm...sort of.

Well, it's been a few days since I've posted on here.  We left Friday morning and made the 4 hour drive to the other side of the state (near Boise) to visit family and watch our high school (Marsh Valley Eagles) girls' basketball team play in the state championship games - THEY WON and finished their season undefeated!!  It was so fun to watch the girls play.  We know 3 of the girls well (they go to our church) and they are so awesome.

Anyway, we stayed at my in-laws house and while we were there, my husband and I were able to squeeze in one run on Saturday morning of 5 miles, out on the country road where they live, with lots of farm dogs running around, too.  That part was kind of annoying, and the fact that it was raining, and that my head cold had turned into a full-blown sinus infection and nasty cough.  But we did our 5 miles in about 50 minutes and it felt good to get something done.  Yesterday was our travel-home day, and I didn't do much else, besides eat.

This morning I got back to my normal routine, with a workout at home.  I started with 40 minutes on the bike, then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 10 minutes of sit-ups.  This afternoon, since the kids are home from school for President's Day, I took them to the gym where we swam for about an hour and then played some basketball in the gym for another hour.

Tomorrow my husband and I will attempt a long run of 18-19 miles.  I say attempt because there are rumors of major winter storms passing through our area tonight, and we may end up doing 3 hours of cardio at the gym instead.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!