Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another double-day.

So here I am before my morning speed-work session, Coke Zero in one hand, foam roller in the other!  I have to admit, I was a little slow to get started with this workout because my legs, particularly my quads, are still tied in knots.   One of the things that kept me from skipping today's run was a quote I read on Facebook this morning from Jerry West, posted by Adam Goucher on Run the Edge:  "You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good!"


I attempted to work out some of the kinks with the foam roller, but it was still a painful run.  I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill, alternating 1/2 mile hard with 1/2 mile easy.  After my run, I did a few more minutes with the foam roller.  While I was doing this workout, my husband was out on a 10 miler.  When he came home, he was still feeling so spunky that he asked if I'd be up for an afternoon spin session at the gym.  Since today is another strength training day for me, I agreed to go to spin so I could also get in about 20-30 minutes of upper arm work.  So here I am, showered and re-dressed after workout #1, ready to hit the gym for workout #2:

After an hour and a half at the gym, we were both pretty well spent.  We should sleep well tonight...which is good, because we are going to be back at the gym bright and early (6am) for more spinning and weights.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm training for something more than a marathon, and just when I'm really starting to question my sanity, I read other mother-runners' blogs and realize that I am not alone in my commitment to and love of all things physical fitness.  The only difference is that most of the other women who spend this much time working out also get paid for it, i.e. teaching classes, being personal trainers, professional athletes, etc.  Well, okay, maybe I can't really lump myself in there with professional athletes, but it's fun to dream... :)

1 comment:

  1. Well you are a pro in my book! Your workouts are always so inspiring. LOVE that Adam Goucher quote!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!