Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I love moments of spontaneity!

As I promised in my post yesterday, my husband and I were at the gym first thing this morning for a 6am spinning class.  After class, I got on a treadmill to get in a quick mile run before Chris and I spent about 45 minutes doing weights.  Today's strength training focus was shoulders and traps.  I really think that taking (trainer) Misty's advice to isolate contrasting muscle groups and focus each of the four weekly weight training days on a specific group has been beneficial.  I haven't been this sore from any of my previous strength training, so I must be doing something right/different.

Once we finished with weights, we headed in to take another spin class.  I was surprised to find that I actually felt better during the second hour of spinning than I did during the first.  Maybe it just took that long for my muscles to warm up, I don't know.  My quads and the connecting muscles around both of my knees are the last areas that have residual soreness from Monday's leg work.  It's still painful to walk down the stairs, for crying out loud!  It's a good thing I don't have to do leg work again until Monday, but I'm still anxious to see how my long run goes on Saturday morning.

After we finished at the gym, we decided, on a whim, to pack up the kids and a few things and drive an hour and a half to one of the gems of Idaho - Bear Lake.  Due to suspended limestone deposits in the water, this large freshwater lake has an amazing blue-turquoise color.  It is so beautiful and it even has nice, sandy beaches.  We've camped near Bear Lake a couple of times in the past, and we're hoping to again later this summer, but we've never just made a day trip there.  I don't know why, this place is so fun and pretty and the kids LOVE it!  It was really windy today though, which made the picnicking part of our outing a little unpleasant  - think "sand"wiches - but because of it the water was pretty choppy and the kids had a blast riding the waves and floating around in the shallow, warm water.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!