Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What should I do Wednesday.

Today was interesting, as far as my workout went.  My schedule had me doing some speed work, but after that hard and fast 12 miler on Monday, my legs weren't too sure about doing more speed work today.  I wasn't even sure I'd get out and run, my legs were so stiff and sore.  I still think a lot of my current soreness is from doing that P90X stuff!

After rolling around on the floor for a while and procrastinating my workout, at about 7:00am I finally just put on my running clothes and walked out the door, not really sure what I was going to do.  I pressed the start button on my Garmin, but kept walking for about a block before I finally forced myself to pick it up to a jog.  I ended up doing 2 miles out and back, for a total of just over 4 miles.  It took me a good mile or more before I started to feel limber and relaxed into my run.  I watched as the average pace on my Garmin went from a 14 minute mile (when I was walking), gradually down into the 11 minute mile range.  I was okay with that.  Considering I almost didn't run at all, I felt pretty good about just getting out there and running today.

When I got home it was time for a little strength training.  I put on the season finale of The Bachelorette on Hulu and got busy using my dumbells and stability ball to work on shoulders and traps for about 40 minutes.  By the time I was done with that, I was feeling even more limber, so I packed my gym bag with a towel and water bottle, said goodbye to my resting husband and kids and headed to the gym for a lunch-time spin class.

An hour and a half later I was back home, with quivering legs to carry me around the rest of the day as I did laundry, vacuumed the house and prepared for an evening cub scout pack meeting.  When we got our issue of Runner's World yesterday, my husband was quick to point out that in the article on page 31 (Personal Best, Healthy Habits), under "5 Things Runners Must Do", the number one thing is get enough sleep - something I don't do.  I have myself convinced that I am fully functioning on 5 hours or so of sleep a night, but apparently I should be getting more like 6-8 hours, more sleep the more weekly mileage increases.  Hmmm...still working on that one, as I sit here at 11pm writing on my blog, with plans to wake up at 6am for spinning and weights at the gym. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!