Last year was a pretty good one for our family. Of course we had many, many blessings, days of peace and happiness. We also had a few hiccups. But for purposes of this blog, I'll recap a few of our "fitness" highlights:
- In February of 2012, we joined a gym for the first time in our lives. That decision, it turns out, was one of the best of our married life. Chris and I have enjoyed countless hours working out together, going to classes together and have made some wonderful new friends along the way. Not to mention the time our kids have enjoyed swimming and playing basketball, when they've come with us.
- In May, my husband and I ran our first race together - the Ogden Marathon. It was his first marathon and my 4th, a success for us both, solidifying our relationship with each other regarding running.
- In early August, after reading one of Tosca Reno's books, I became more committed to a clean-eating lifestyle. My life and my body have not been the same since. A major turning point for me with regards to my personal health and fitness.
- September brought a couple more marathons our way. I ran the Pocatello Marathon on Labor Day weekend, earning my marathon PR of 4:36. A couple of weeks later, we traveled to Jackson, Wyoming where Chris ran his second marathon while the kids and I cheered him on.
- In November, I ran a half marathon in Pocatello called the Just 'Cuz Half Marathon. Another PR for me - 2:04.
- I ended the year having run nearly 1500 miles!
I tried to start the year off on the right foot by doing my regularly scheduled Tuesday workout, despite the fact that the gym was closed today. I began by doing a shoulder/ab workout. I actually did a few of the exercises from today's routine yesterday when I was at the gym for my leg workout. There are some that are just better to do using the machines and heavier weights. Anyway, it took me about an hour to finish my shoulders/abs this morning, then I did my interval run on the treadmill. I did a total of 3.5 miles, alternating 1 minute sprints with periods of easier paced jogging. I have to say, I am really looking forward to a break in the weather - a return to more mild temperatures and clear roads would be like a dream to me right now.