Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gettin' stronger and what's up with the "weird" voice?

This morning I was at the gym by about 8:30 and after a brief warm-up, I got busy with my Wednesday workout.  Today was back and biceps day - a favorite of mine. :)  I always start off with pull-ups and today, with the assistance of a spotter, I did 4 sets of 10.  My spotter said he could tell I am stronger from last week, which is a good sign.  I'm really optimistic that I'll be doing my first solo pull-up soon.

After I did my weights, which took me about an hour and 15 minutes, I went to work on some cardio.  Today I started out on a treadmill and did 30 minutes (just under 3 miles) at a comfortable pace.  After that, I got on a stair machine and did another 30 minutes.

Anyone else ever use Bodybuilding.com as a resource?  I actually really like that website.  I find all kinds of helpful hints on there.  Today I found something kind of funny.  Want to get a little laugh?  Here's how:

Go to the main page.  At the top you'll see a bar with a list of categories.  Go to "workouts".  Once there, scroll down until your reach the section, "Find Exercises by Body Part", with the diagram of the man and woman.  From here, you can click on any part and it will bring up a list of appropriate exercises for those muscles and if you click on one, it will take you to a page dedicated to explaining that exercise, complete with a short how-to video clip with both a male and female specific version.  Just to get an idea, try visiting a couple different exercises and watch/listen to the accompanying video clip.  After you have done that, go to "Quads, dumbbell lunges" here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-lunges and watch the "female" video for a good laugh.  (You need to watch a few other random ones first, though, to really get the comedy behind this one.)  WTH?! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!